Inspired by the Frecce Tricolori watch that Breitling created for the hotshots of the Italian Air Force’s aerobatic fleet in 1983, the Super Chronomat is a supercharged, all-purpose sports watch that’s elegant enough for the evening as well. True to the original Chronomat, the rider tabs protect the sapphire crystal. The ones at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock are interchangeable, so the wearer can use them for countdowns as well as countups. With a case measuring 44 millimeters, the Super Chronomat collection is the boldest of its kind.
Key new features include a stainless-steel bezel with a ceramic insert – a first on a Chronomat – plus the choice of a Rouleaux-inspired rubber strap. The new rubber strap is created with state-of-the-art injection molding techniques. Its three distinct textures – matte, slick, and woven-looking – give it remarkable depth.
• 44mm steel case
• Sapphire caseback
• Water resistant to 200m
• Ceramic bezel
• Screw-down crown and chronograph pushers
• Cambered sapphire crystal, glareproofed on both sides
• Breitling B01 self-winding movement
• 70 hour power reserve
• Black dial
• Chronograph dials for 30 minutes, 12 hours and 60 seconds
• Date display at 6 o’clock
• Black rubber strap with steel folding pin buckle clasp
• 5-year Breitling international warranty